Tri-State Kudzu Klassic “Festival of Bands”
—– Awards to be Presented —–
1) Trophies will be awarded to Superior (I) and Excellent (II) performance ratings for Band, Drum Major, Majorette, Dance Line, Color Guard, and Percussion.
2) “Best in Class” Awards will be presented to: Band, Drum Major, Majorette, Dance Line, Color Guard, and Percussion with the highest score in each class. The “Best in Class” Band will be the average of the three (3) band judges.
3) The “Hal Kirby Memorial” Outstanding Soloist/Duet plaque will be awarded in each classification. The band judges will select these awards.
4) The Tim Bowling “The Coke Man” Most Entertaining Award plaque will be presented to one band in each classification, which will be determined by the band judges. (Based on your bands overall presentation.) (Sponsored by the Coca-Cola Company)
5) “Overall” awards will be given to the highest scoring Drum Major, Majorette, Dance Line, Color Guard, and Percussion regardless of classification.
6) The Curtis Ikard Challenge Cup will be awarded to the “Grand Champion” band with the highest overall band score regardless of classification. This cup maybe retired after three (3) wins. (The three wins do not have to be consecutive.)